August was a slow month for me. I finally moved to DC and the new city life really put a dent in my reading. I also horribly failed at my ARC August goal to read 10 arcs and also acquired like 25 more..only worsening the problem I have already. But I didn’t completely fail in August, so here’s a recap of what I read and what I liked (and didn’t like) in August!
Books Consumed: 13
- The Briefing by Sean Spicer
- Sadie by Courtney Summers
- My Squirrel Days by Ellie Kemper
- I’ll Be Gone in the Dark by Michelle McNamara
- People Kill People by Ellen Hopkins
- Yes Please by Amy Poehler
- The Cheerleaders by Kara Thomas
- The Final Six by Alexandra Monir
- To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han
- PS I Still Love You by Jenny Han
- Always and Forever Lara Jean by Jenny Han
- Victoria: Portrait of a Queen by Catherine Reef
- RIP Eliza Hart by Alyssa Sheinmel
Audiobooks Listened to: 2. I listened to Yes Please by Amy Poehler ( a serious let down) and Victoria: Portrait of a Queen (on my drive to DC, much better.) I need some new audiobooks to excite me.
ARCs Read: 4. Sadie (loved!), My Squirrel Days (ok), People Kill People (really liked) and RIP Eliza Hart (ok). I also acquired a TON, including Dry by Neal Schusterman, Fame Fate and the First Kiss by Kasie West, I”ll Be There for You by Kelsey Miller and SOOO many more I’m excited to read but also overwhelmed by.
BOTM Pick: I didn’t pick an August Book of the Month because of the 5 books selected I had an ARC of One of them (The Dinner List) and the other I was slightly interested in (Sweet Little Lies) is on Hoopla in audiobook format, but I also haven’t read either of those yet because I’m a lazy bum.
Favorite Book: Probably Sadie or I’ll be Gone in the Dark. Both excellent true crime reads (one fictional, one not) with real world tie-ins. Sadie is wrenching and I’ll Be Gone in the Dark is soooo well written.
Least Favorite Book: Yes Please by Amy Poehler. What a freaking let down. Boo. Zero stars.
September TBR: Wow there are SOOO many good books coming out in September. Here’s my tentative TBR, which is small because I now work full time (at a newspaper) and am in four grad classes…whoops.
- Pence: The Path to Power
- That’s Not What Happened by Kody Keplinger
- The Towering Sky by Katharine McGee
- Fame Fate and the First Kiss by Kasie West
- The Cabin at the End of the World by Paul Tremblay
- Meg, Jo, Beth, and Amy by Anne Boyd Rioux
- Two Dark Reigns by Kendare Blake
- Pride by Ibi Zoboi
- #DoNotDisturb by Jedediah Bila
- The Opposite of Innocent by Sonya Sones