2018 is over and it’s time to look back over the month of December. December was a weird month for me because both my grad semester and fellowship ended so I was on vacation for three weeks, traveled home for Christmas, and prepared to start a new job. I still got some reading in though!
Books Consumed: 15
- Back in the Game by Steve Scalise
- Dear Committee Members by Julie Schumacher
- Nine Perfect Strangers by Liane Moriarty
- Bonfire by Krysten Ritter
- 29 Dates by Melissa de la Cruz
- The Refugees by Viet Thanh Nguyen
- Roomies by Christina Lauren
- The Lies We Told by Camilla Way
- What Waits in the Woods by Kieran Scott
- For Better and Worse by Margot Hunt
- When We Caught Fire by Anna Godbersen
- The Continent by Keira Drake
- The Poet X by Elizabeth Acevedo
- Citizen by Claudia Rankine
- My Favorite Half-Night Stand by Christina Lauren
Audiobooks Listened To: 2. Slow audio month for me. I listened to The Refugees and Citizen, both of which were fine. I preferred Refugees.
ARCS Read: 3. Back in the Game, The Continent (original ARC) and 29 Dates.
Favorite Book: Hm, probably Bonfire. I flew through it and really enjoyed it! It was different than I expected, which was actually a good thing this time.
Least Favorite Book: Probably The Continent for content/writing. Racist tropes aside, the writing was super stilted and unrealistic.
January TBR: I’m trying to get ahead for my class reading!
- Monday’s Not Coming
- Bad Blood
- The 57 Bus
- I Am Malala
- The Dark Descent of Elizabeth Frankenstein
- The Prince and the Dressmaker
- Love and Other Words
- Two Can Keep a Secret
- Thanks, Obama
- The War Outside
- I Believe in a Thing Called Love
Leave a Reply